Wednesday, October 2, 2013

pumpkin spice syrup: pintest

so as we all know..
fall is into full swing. (YAY)
and at this point pumpkin is added to like every recipe.
because, lets be honest...its the best.
 
I have been trying to cut back on my "let me just grab a quick coffee" cost..
those iced coffees add up fast..
 
I started cold brewing my own iced coffee from this recipe
I found on this glorious invention called pinterest!
 
So this led me to finding a recipe for pumpkin coffee syrup & here we are:
I gave it a go and wanted to share it with you.
my first official "pintest". haha
here you go my friends..
 
 
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1.5 cups

2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup water
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
 
 
1. Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat.
2. Bring to a simmer and stir occasionally to keep the sugar
from burning until sugar is completely dissolved.
3. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to an airtight container. 
4. Refrigerate and use within 3 weeks & shake when you use.

 
 
currently my favorite hot drink of choice:
 
oiginal source: Savvy Recipes

my thoughts:
I love the spice in this syrup but I added a little more pumpkin than what it called for.
I added about 3 tablespoons instead of 2.

I hope you enjoy this fun way to spice up your coffee. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment