Thursday, January 29, 2015

why i do what i do.

hello friends.
it's been a long stretch of time since i last posted..
i'm here to change that! ;)

let me catch you up:
the holidays were super rad; for us as a family & for my business. (yay!)
december was busy + at times quite crazy, but it was all way worth it.


so here we are beginning a new year.
(which, i can't believe jan. is almost through)

as many of you probably don't know, after thanksgiving I left one of my jobs, as a nanny.
my goal was in that in this new found free time I had I would:
pursue my passions, try + build my business, and to really see if I could make this dream i had- a reality.
& thankfully, i'm married to a husband who completely supported the goals i had. (adam, i love you.)

i've been hustling at work: dreaming + creating new products and ways for
it's certainly been a learning experience, but that's part of the fun, right?

God knew the desires I had, the potential I had, and allowed that to shine through.
He's provided a constant flow of business + interest,
and for that I am so grateful. It was so worth taking that leap.

I never imagined I'd be here; running a small business
and getting the chance to connect with folks all around the country.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to just share with you a little bit about why I do what I do:

I have a passion for creating things by hand; handmade, homemade, from scratch.
I thrive when I'm creating something by hand.
Ever since I picked up sewing, something just came alive in me.
I love to be behind my machine.
Having endless possibilities & the desire to learn and grow with my craft.
I enjoy making goods that are practical & thoughtful to give + receive.



I want you to know, that I pour my heart in the things I make.
No two things will ever be the exact same.
I'm not a mass producer, and I'm content with that.
I believe in creating things that you can't just easily replicate.
Vintage + Recycled materials are my favorite to work with.
Everything you see + touch has been thought through.
e n d l e s s l y.
each stitch, each hand cut label, each typewritten tag,
it all has a purpose.
to bring each factor together;
creating something that is truly, one of a kind, not made in china,
made by my hands and with my heart.


so if you were wondering why, i hope i answered your question.
this whole process has been such a blessing in my life.
to truly see my potential and to be striving to make things happen.
it's rewarding to see ideas blossom + come to life.


thank you for supporting me and this journey i'm on.
it means the world to me.
i'm excited for this year to come & for what new adventures it has in store!

6 comments:

  1. Your passion for handmade is inspirational, Shea. It shines through in every detail. Wishing you abundance and continued joy in your life and your business as 2015 unfolds. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Averie, thank you so much for reading & for your words. Your kindness is so appreciated & comments coming from you mean much to me. Thanks for being an inspiration to me. Love you, friend.

      Delete
  2. I agree completely with previous poster ^ ... Your love for what you do really does shine through in your work! I think it's so cool when you can really, truly see that in people. I did not realize you quit your job and were focussing on your handmade business, so exciting! Best of luck to you, Shea!
    and PS- I think you need to blog more, I loved reading this. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thank you very much for taking the time to read. I'm grateful you can see that through my work. It makes me believe I'm doing the right thing. Yep, it was a hard step, but it has proved to be the best step. Thank you, friend. I definatly want to blog more, about more personal things. I appreciate your encouragement. Loved checking out your blog + photos too! :)

      Delete
  3. shea baby! you're right right right - i had no clue about the nanny job shift. i did notice your business begin to boom & i thought - HOW DOES SHE HAVE THE ENERGY FOR ALL THIS. plus a puppy. plus a hubby. you inspire us all to pursue jesus & pursue what we do best. you DO pour your heart into each & every item. it's been obvious since the very first purchase i made from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alicia, thanks for reading this post. It means a lot to me, coming from the blogging superstar you are! :) it was the right next step, and God really reaffirmed that leap of faith. I appreciate your sweet comments, girlfriend. <3

      Delete